Dandelion root has long been known for its therapeutic uses, particularly for its liver detox and cancer-fighting properties, which are accepted by many cultures.
Some Native American tribes used the root and herb to prepare infusions and decoctions for treating heartburn, dyspepsia and kidney disease. In traditional Arabian medicine, it is used for treating disorders of the liver and spleen, and in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), dandelion root in combination with other herbs treats bronchitis, pneumonia, hepatitis, infections, mastitis (applied as a compress), and boosts immunity.
There are some amazing uses of dandelion root
Dandelion possesses rich medicinal properties that help in promoting bile production and diuretic action to eliminate toxins and waste through the urine.
It can be used as a natural remedy to treat:
- Lungs: wheezing, infection, asthma, bronchitis, cancer
- Digestive disorders: gastritis, acid reflux, dyspepsia, and poor digestion
- Gallbladder: break down existing gallstones and prevent formation of new ones
- Kidneys: cleansing, treat infections, break down stones
- Liver: hepatitis, cirrhosis, liver dysfunction and disease, cancer
- Inflammation: gout, arthritis pain, muscle spasms
- Skin problems: eczema, acne, psoriasis
- Eyesight: poor vision, night blindness
- Blood: stimulate circulation, improve and help regulate blood pressure
Dandelion root has sesquiterpene lactones, the bitter components which make it effective as a natural remedy for digestive disorders such as IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) as well as other uses.
In the article, you will find useful information on how you can use it for detoxification and for fighting cancer.
This is one of dandelion root’s most important benefits and one that has been proven in many studies.
In the ‘Encyclopedia of Herbal Medicine’, Andrew Chevallier claims that dandelion can support detoxification of the liver as well as stimulate bile production, which is actually one of the liver’s main functions and filters and detoxifies the blood.
There is no doubt that all the so-called conveniences of the modern way of life such as various foods, drinks, supplements, medicaments and other health and beauty care products contribute to increased levels of toxins. Our liver works hard to filter out toxins and keep the body toxin-free, but when it is overloaded, our health and liver suffer.
Dandelion root can restore hydration and electrolyte balance to enhance liver function and can effectively stimulate the toxin elimination process.
How does it work?
Dandelion root has taraxacerin, a bitter compound that acts to increase the flow of bile that is released by the gallbladder and, in this way, helps the liver detox more efficiently.
One study with mice showed that an extract of dandelion root could help eliminate toxins from blood as well as heal alcohol-related damage to the liver.
Another study, also on mice, found that the leaf could suppress fat accumulation, promote healthy lipid profiles, and reduce insulin resistance. It could also prevent hepatoxicity due to the antioxidants it contains.
Although dandelion is useful in cases of hepatitis, jaundice and cirrhosis of the liver, it should not be applied in cases of obstructive jaundice.
Dandelion has been scientifically confirmed as a potential cancer fighter in cases of breast, liver, colon, prostate and especially lung cancer.
Its health benefits are due to the incredible amount of potent antioxidants and phytonutrients it contains. This means that it can battle damage caused by free radicals, the main cause of cancer, and partially kill cancer cells.
Dandelion root can slow down the growth of cancer and retard its spreading. This plant is also used in herbal and folk remedies to prevent prostate and breast cancer.
Researchers believe that the key to its cancer-killing properties is the significant amount of vitamin K it contains.
In a 2011 Canadian study, it was found that an extract of the root could induce death of melanoma cells without affecting other, healthy cells. They came to the conclusion that the root of dandelion could be considered as a potential non-toxic substitute for conventional leukemia treatment.
Furthermore, dandelion root provides high amounts of another potent flavonoid, luteolin, which can help destroy the core components of cancer cells by attaching to them and preventing their multiplication.
Dandelion juice recipe
- Dig up 20 dandelion roots, taking care to keep the root intact.
- Remove all soil by washing them thoroughly under running water.
- Cut up the roots so you can feed them through the juicer chute
- It’s best to use a masticating juicer
First begin with a teaspoon a day and gradually increase the dose to 3 tablespoons, depending on your tolerance. It can be quite bitter and it is this bitterness that works the magic so don’t try to mask its taste unless you really can’t stand it.
You can also add a tablespoon to a glass of water with a dash of lemon juice to reduce bitterness and enhance absorption.
You should take this at least 30 minutes before a meal and there should be results in around 3 weeks.
Liver detox and cancer fighting with dandelion root
Drink 1-2 cups of tea daily for liver detox and cancer fighting benefits.
Here’s how to make it yourself, just be sure to pick the real dandelion and not a lookalike.
- Dig up the plants, trying to keep roots intact.
- Separate roots from stems, leaves and flowers.
- Keep the leaves and flowers because you can add chopped leaves to the tea once it’s made for added benefits.
- Wash the roots thoroughly under running water.
- Boil a quart of drinking water in a pot (stainless steel)
- Put two teaspoons of coarsely chopped roots in the water, cover and simmer for a minute on medium heat.
- Remove from the heat and steep for 40 minutes.
- Strain and enjoy your dandelion root tea.
- If you prefer to use dried dandelion root, the process is the same except that it takes only 5-10 minutes to boil
Any Type Of Cancer Can Be Cured In Just 2-6 Weeks
A cancer-killing tea you’ve never heard of But Need Now
Natural Cancer Treatments To Help You Fight This Battle
4 Surprising Signs Of Lung Cancer You Should Know
Even Doctors Cannot Explain This: Boiled Cinnamon And Honey Is The Cure For Cancer, Arthritis, Gallbladder Issues, Cholesterol And 10 More Health Problems!
Cinnamon Powder Reduces the Spread of Cancer Cells and More