Pure salt offers many incredible health benefits that many people are not aware of!
Types of Salt
Salt is extremely important for all living creatures, including humans. It regulates the water content in the body. Most people use table salt without being aware of the fact that is extremely toxic and unhealthy. Instead, you should try using natural pure salt. Using the wrong type of salt can deprive our body of the essential minerals and lead to various health problems.
Find out what can happen if you consume the harmful refined salt found in many processed foods:
- Accelerated aging cellular degeneration
- Respiratory and blood sugar problems
- High blood pressure
- Kidney and gallbladder stones
- Aggravates inflammatory issues—rheumatism, asthma, arthritis, and gout
- Heart muscles tire and lacerate, causing fatal heart attack
- Liver failure, adrenal exhaustion
Types of Salt
- Table salt or also called refined salt is commonly used for cooking.
- This type of salt is heavily processed in excessive heat. In fact, this removes 82 out of the 84 minerals found in salt.
- So, it leaves behind only chloride and sodium.
- The excessive consumption of table salt can lead to various health issues.
- Sea salt refers to the salt derived from the sea.
- There are different brands of sea salt, so when buying one make sure it is not purely white and powdery dry.
- Pure sea salt is a little moist and little grayish in color.
Celtic Sea Salt
- Celtic sea salt is a type of salt harvested from the Atlantic seawater off the coast of Brittany, France by using the Celtic method of wooden rakes.
- In this way, no metal touches the salt.
- Celtic sea salt is unrefined and it contains all of the 84 live elements, with no preservatives, chemicals or other additives.
- Himalayan salt is one of the purest salts! It may cost a little more compared to the other salts.
- However, it is worth it! Just like the Celtic Sea Salt, this type of salt contains all the important live elements.
- It is rich in trace minerals essential for our body.
- Use a small amount of Himalayan salt a day to supply your body with the nutrients it requires.
- Minerals and Trace Elements Found in Pure Salt
- Pure salt contains live minerals and trace elements, including potassium, magnesium, iron, calcium, iodine, zinc, and manganese.
- The 84 trace minerals found in pure salt supply our body with the essential nutrients, protecting it from the damage of sodium chloride found in the commercial salt.
Himalayan Salt and Sea Salt Health Benefits
- Himalayan salt offers many healing properties.
- It has the ability to balance out and nourish our body with minerals that our body is deficient it.
- It is especially helpful in eliminating mucus.
- Check out some of the conditions that pure salt can be very useful for:
Sinus and bronchial congestion
- Taking pure salt before going to bed can be very beneficial for sufferers sleep.
- It provides much relief by breaking up the irritating mucus.
Regulate blood pressure
- You may know that salt causes high blood pressure.
- However, this refers to the toxic table salt.
- Pure salt, on the other hand, can normalize blood pressure.
- It is known for its ability to eliminate the dangerous sodium deposits from your body.
- Due to its ability to reduce high blood pressure, pure salt is very beneficial for people suffering from high blood pressure.
- It is also useful for those with low blood pressure since it can bring it up to normal.
Deeper and more restful sleep
- Taking pure salt with warm water before going to bed will promote a longer and deeper sleep.
- It is said that salt causes water retention.
- Well, this only refers the table/refined salt.
- Himalayan salt, on the other hand, balances the electrolyte minerals and releases the retained water.
- Himalayan salt has the ability to dissolve kidney and gallbladder stones.
Building the immune system and aids healing
- Pure salt enhances resistance to infections and bacterial diseases by providing minerals directly to our cells.
- It accelerates the healing process when there has been a sickness, burns, surgery, and mental disorders.
Prevent over-acidity in body
- Due to its rich content of minerals, pure salt can eliminate the unwanted sodium from the body, extracting excess acidity in the body, particularly in the brain.
- The electrolytes found in Himalayan salt are extremely important for communication and information processing of the brain cells.
Helps control saliva
- If you drool in your sleep, it may indicate that you are not drinking enough water and that your body is deficient in the right kind of salt.
- This condition can cause double chin as your saliva glands work hard to lubricate your insides.
- To stop this condition, drink more water with a pure salt of choice.
- Pure salt has the ability to help wounds heal faster.
- Drinking it or gargling it can ease sore throats as well.
- It balances blood sugar levels in people suffering from diabetes.
- It provides essential minerals to your muscles and prevents muscle cramps.
- It has the ability maintain proper pH levels in your body.
- This is very important for your overall health because an over-acidic body can lead to various health problems and degenerative diseases.
How to Use Pure Salt
- Now that you are familiar with the fact that table salt is extremely harmful, make sure to eliminate it from your cooking. Instead, use Celtic sea salt or Himalayan salt. You need only 2/3 amount you normally use. For instance, if you should use 1 tsp of salt in the recipe then use 2/3 tsp. This will give better flavor and taste.
- Also, it is very important to drink plenty of water. Depending on your body size, the minimum amount of water to drink a day is at least 2 liter of water. However, more is better. For every liter of water, you should stir in ¼ teaspoon of pure salt and drink. Also, you can add a pinch of sea salt into your fresh juices.
Cancer patients who are undergoing some healing program are recommended not to consume salt. If you have to, make sure to take natural sea salt sparingly. Our body needs very little salt, so you may already have obtained enough from your diet. Most foods have small amounts of sodium that is enough for your body, from most vegetables, with higher amount found in tomato, potato, celery, cucumber and other root vegetables.