Garlic health benefits and medicinal properties have long been known. Garlic has long been considered a herbal “wonder drug”, with a reputation in folklore for preventing everything from the common cold and flu to the Plague.
There are two main medical ingredients which produce the garlic health benefits: allicin and diallyl sulphides.
1. Garlic makes a wonderful health supplement but the garlic cure is no substitute for the basics: sensible eating and appropriate exercise. Garlic should be seen as part of a healthy lifestyle – not as an alternative to it. Always consult your doctor first regarding any medical condition.
2. Scientists have also looked at the role garlic plays in helping prevent the formation of blood clots. A review of recent clinical trials, published in the Journal of Hypertension, showed that taking garlic tablets cut volunteers’ blood pressure by between one and five per cent.
3. Regular amounts of garlic seems to also help the body fight off infections. These antibacterial effects were first discovered in the early 19th century during an outbreak of infectious fever.
4. Garlic lowers total cholesterol (but raise the good-type HDL cholesterol)
5. It produces more “natural killer” cells in the blood that will tackle infections and tumours.
6. It lowers blood pressure.
7. Reduce the risk of blood clots (that are responsible for most heart attacks and strokes)
8. Destroys infection causing viruses and bacteria.
9. Reduce the risk of certain cancers, in particular, stomach cancers.
10. Many studies showed that the organic ingredient of garlic, allyl sulfur, another active ingredient in garlic, are effective in inhibiting or preventing cancer development.
Here are some other health benefits of Garlic that you should know
I’ve been all my life a huge supporter of eating garlic every single day.
I’d even argue with people who dared described garlic as a fraud, and I had some amazing scientific data to show to them that proved my points.
But some weeks ago, I stumbled upon some new amazing results by multiple researchers from all around the world.
This is what I’m going to share with you here, some things you can show to people to prove to them that garlic is indeed worthy of being called a miracle plant.
The first amazing new health benefits of garlic scientists just found out is its ability to help with depression.
Garlic has been a long time known for its properties to help with migraines and even hallucinations, but depression in a new thing for the smelly bulb.
Here is what scientists have found: vitamin B5 helps patience with depression and neurological problems and one of the best sources of vitamin B5 is garlic.
It’s true, garlic is not the most abundant one, to find out which plant is the most abundant one, you need to check the FDA’s website, and it’s amazing what you can learn there.
But this doesn’t mean that the vitamin B5 in garlic is useless.
In fact, scientists started realizing that vitamins and other organic compounds don’t just happen in the foods, in other words, they are linked one to another and this is why garlic is so important.
To this date, researches have just guessed that it may be vitamin b5 but they are doubting that there are many other organic compounds in garlic that would help too in diminishing depression in people.
The next new health benefit of garlic is in making mosquitos run away.
I think that this one isn’t that new after all since a lot of people in central Europe and especially in Russia used to make garlic chains and put them around their necks and their bodies to chase away mosquitos.
But scientists weren’t sure of the reason why mosquitos will run away from the person who has eaten a lot of garlic.
They think that it’s because of garlic anti biotic capabilities.
Mosquitos will not just bite anyone, in fact, they smell people who are weak and fatigued and will bite them first, it’s because they will be least resistant and will be a easy target.
When you eat garlic, your immune system will be very active and will certainly cause a lot of issues to the mosquitos.
The third scientific discovery concerning garlic is concerning cancer.
For centuries, garlic has been used as an efficient way to fight off cancer.
But it’s use in hospitals have not been highly regarded.
Some doctors even consider using garlic to help the immune system as witchcraft!
However, a new study really found out why the cancer patient will get more benefits by eating garlic, it’s because of those high sulfur containing organic compounds garlic contains.
They are going to boost your immune system which will have more power and energy to fight cancer cells.